Monday, July 25, 2011

2nd piece almost done!


I spent the weekend at my son's house 2 hours away to help lay the foundation for a room addition, but managed to squeeze in a few hours to sew together the pieces of the house that I have been working on.  I was also lucky enough to finish another chapter of my book.  The only things left to do are to finish the display holder for the piece and to attach them together.  There are 2 sides to the piece, the primary is in b&w and are pieces of old self portraits, and the other side is color pieces of nudes.  These represent the dual nature of a home...how it can seem normal, but is not.  The display is just how I was trained to think...I think the ceramics side of me got pounded into it by the wonderful Ms. Lesley Baker..."How is this to be displayed"....

and yes the display holder does look like the kind of sign you might see  "for sale" on.

No comments:

Post a Comment