Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crazy Month

This is my craziest month of the year with 5 birthdays in the immediate family running from October 10th- November 10th.  I finally finished my quilt, which relates to memories of my childhood.  My Grandmother and Aunt Mary always made these 9-patch quilts out of scraps laying around.  I made my version of this "family favorite" out of things laying around, but mine were out of drink cans that my family consumed.  This was a very time consuming process and a total of 486 cans were cut apart, pattern traced on them, cut again, and then folded in shape.  I started this project just before my last mentor meeting in September, with 36 cans to show her the idea and how it was to take shape.  The total hours were calculated up around 70-80.  Sheesh!!!  I also made more plates and started a different project...okay a few other ones.  Here is the finished quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment