Sunday, March 18, 2012

Where does the time go?

This last week and a half I have been continuously producing more bricks and building my first large suspended installation piece.  At this point I have finished covering it with cardboard in which I will be applying the fake bricks.  I got the pieces set together and initially placed the brackets that hold them together so that I can be precise about placing the cardboard and the rigging to hang it.

I got the plexy glass today to use as the face.....4x6', our friend that owns the hardware store gave me a $10 discount and was still $55.

The best news is that Dave (hardware store owner)also owns several other business buildings that he rents, and will let me use a place to install my installation!!!  I was so worried about where I was even possibly going to be able to do this.  He was also the person who allowed me to use a building for 2 months prepping for my thesis show!!

This piece requires a lot of technical junk to get it right!  This is the total size of the main piece and will require about a 12 foot ceiling to install it, but if I have to I guess I could use a 10.  There is still so much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment