Saturday, November 12, 2011

Need another Job

I got an interview for holiday help at Macys in Greenwood tomorrow.  I have no idea what I would be doing, but I guess at this point it doesn't matter as long as I can still get some studio time in. 
I started a painting...based on that photo that I took of the back porch which was a reflection, and at times, it is how I feel...blurry, not sure about what I am seeing...somewhat a hint of aloneness, solitude, the sublime.  I am working on this in layers of colors with only gradual shifts in colors. This one is small, only about a 16x20..roughly I didn't measure it.  This was an old stretched canvas that I had painted on before, but was not happy with the end result.
I also made a mold today of tree bark out of plaster.  I have plans on using it for the surface of a figure.
I got another 20 feet added to the rug...length that is not size....ha ha
I have been doing a great deal of introspection....why am I like what I am?  Did all of the past really twist me, or did it make me stronger, more resilient?  At my age, at this point in my life I have the courage to ask these questions, to take out my sword and face the demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment