Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1st scheduled mentor meeting of the semester

Yes, the title pretty much sums up what this is about.  I will meet with Danielle on Sunday at her house at 11.  Luckily she lives here locally and since the weather here can change and get nasty rather quickly, I was so glad to get her to agree to it.
I mentioned last the weekend before last I was going to make a maquette....ha ha, a little on the lame side, but it did help me to think about the construction of the actual installation and how I will actually put it together.  I really want to thank talking to my adviser, and for the lecture from Jean Lowe.  I have been roughly sketching out some of my ideas, but I am probably one of the worst quick perspective artists that I can think of.  I work better in the 3rd dimension.  So... here is a really rough model, and by rough I mean sizes are not right nor are the materials or colors true to production.

I have also started making several strands of braids which will be used in conjunction to the rug, but in creating various pieces of furniture.  I would like to thank these ideas for how this specific installation is getting designed due to artists like Rachel Perry Welty and Charles Ladray!  Thanks to all of the great input from my critiques. ps...the rug has nothing to do with the above photo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment