Monday, September 19, 2011

Extra Day Off

Much to my surprise, I did not get called into work today.  I was able to read a few more articles this morning as well as finishing the slip layers on the 4 disc patterns.  I continued on more cans....(never-ending) 

I broke and rearranged 2 plates that were firming up overnight, and then I tried something new with 2 of the discs that got dry by dinnertime.  I held the 2 together and cut them into strips, then I alternated them with the other one...every other strip back into a circle.  Each of these discs were opposing forces, good versus bad, or more properly, evil versus innocence.  I turned the strips over and taped them together and applied them to the clay, and put them over the molds.  I applied under glaze over the bottoms with paper cutouts as a resist to mask off areas from receiving colors.  These 2 plates should be firm by tomorrow!  I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment