Friday, September 2, 2011

Long weekend ahead!

The work week for me is finally over, and I am anxious to get busy with some clay this weekend.  I have been diligently cutting apart aluminum cans since I returned home Tuesday from my mentors.  My clay work takes a very long time with the layering techniques that I have been using and I need long full days for the process.  I have finally decided to make some displays for these plates that I will be making out of the plaster arms that I had been experimenting with, (or playing around with).  Denise and I discussed my interest in using or re-appropriating stuff that I have excess of around the house, such as cans, bottles..etc.  Now, I am planning on a new experiment with sewing and cans.  We will see.  I did play around with some strips of some of these cans and wove them with some fabric.  It is a little small for a place mat, but you get the idea, and it was just a trial to get a feel to see how I feel about working with the material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment