Friday, September 23, 2011

Ideas coming to life

I guess that I do not speak a great deal about the concepts behind the works that I am experimenting with and maybe someone out there might be a little curious as to what is going on in my brain...(oh how it hurts sometimes).  The plates are narratives into small bleeps of memories of events that took place in my childhood, even though some of them may seem so insignificant...they just stuck!  I am combining plates, some, in conflicting thoughts to these stories (memories), and some the same thought by itself.  The most current one is based on my own molesting (uncle) that was hushed or honestly never revealed within the family.  I am very aware of how these types of events are never faced, but swept under the proverbial carpet.....If we truly had that big of a carpet!!!!!
Many things pop into my head as I am working on these plates, crashing of them together, as how they crashed into my own life, then intermingled into my daily life, then next will become a blending...natural evolution.  Plates are so traditional...I am serving something to you, domesticated, in our everyday life.  Such a natural obsession!

I did mention a carpet to sweep things under!  My next thought process naturally led me into a rug, but not out of traditional material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment