Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Second Mentor Meeting

Meetings with my mentor, Denise, always seem to give me just the extra encouragement that I need.  We share some similar struggles of our youths which helps create a better understanding of the place we draw from in our art making.  I truly appreciate the wealth of information she has about other artists that I can look at that are doing similar things, either in the end result or as a part of their process.  After I returned home, after our first visit she emailed me the names of the artists she had mentioned with links to their work, and this helped to create more meaningful conversations in regards to their conceptions and realizations.  Mathew Barney is a very complex individual, but complexity can be a fascinating subject.  I am currently awaiting her email from this visit to see the new artists she recommended during our conversation yesterday.  I don't work until this afternoon, so...time to get reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment