Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend


This weekend did not produce as much as I had hoped for, but I got a couple of more plates made.  The layering process takes so long, and then I smashed them together.  Denise said that it can be liberating to take something precious and basically destroy it.  I can say that I felt very cautious and was definitely uncertain of myself at the time I did it.  I spent all day Sunday wrapping the arms of 2 of my kids with plaster wrap so that I can use their arms as table supports to go with my plates.  I got one substructure built for one of the tables, and today I finally got it out of the form that I had poured the plaster into.  I also started creating the layers for 2 more plates tonight, but this time I am thinking about a particular thought from my childhood.  My son thinks it is a little creepy looking and I think that he would just laugh at me if he realized what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment